Friday, December 11, 2009

World of Blog

I was watching the movie "Julie & Julia" the other day, and started thinking my blog was a failure. I realized quickly how melodramatic that sounded and then considered that the medium of blogs is dead. People have been writing blogs long enough now, that just about anything you can write about is being written about multiple times over. It's gotten to the point that most blogs just re-post what they've found on other sites. I'm not trying to be critical of this, but where does it leave us in this world of blogs?

I for one will not stop looking at blogs any time soon. I just wonder about things like, how does one get their blog to stand out in an over saturated market? What is the point of looking at blogs other than to kill time? What's the next step in the evolution of internet social sites?

It's been over three years since I started this blog. I took a hiatus about a year ago, and that probably turned off a lot of the readers I may have had. Still, it bums me out that no one has commented in quite awhile. I guess I should be thankful that I do have one person following my blog. No, they're not my mom or someone I know, so that's something. So to the one follower I have,
Thank you.

No comments: