Thursday, September 17, 2009

To the guy riding the white IRO, you are everything cliche and wrong about "scenesters" and cycling in general. When you first passed me this morning I was not shocked that you flew by without a word of warning. Upon seeing your black headband holding back your long straight black hair, I knew you were working the full on "hip" (and at 8:45 am no less). At the first light, again not shocking, you felt it necessary to do a track stand while waiting, and then before the light turned, passed everyone waiting in front of you and ran the light. But you were not done yet. Next you passed a slower cyclist on the right, without looking of course, and then blew through a cross walk where an older woman was crossing the street.

Are you really in that big of a hurry? Do you think others find it impressive when you act like a douche? Do you realize how much of over thought, out of touch, tool you are?

Here's where I'm supposed to say I forgive you, but today I'm finding it hard to say. I guess you'll have to wait on my forgiveness.

No comments: