Tuesday, June 13, 2006

Missouri

Last saturday I camped in a town called Hermann, where apparently on saturdays, they line up their classic cars in the Hardee's parking lot. Wiskey Tango's revved engines and peeled tires all night. I guess every small town has that in common.

I've made it to Kansas City, KS. While in KC, I'm taking a few days off from biking to visit with relatives and relax sore muscles. I figure I'm about one third of the way through my trip. It took a little longer expected, but this isn't a race. And until the money's gone, I'm going to push on.

The Weather has held up especially well. I've only seen hail once and been rained on while riding just a couple of times. The injury report goes as follows:

Right Knee: sore, possibly from over straining it. I think my right side is dominent, which leads to it getting wore out faster.

Left Shoulder: searing pain everyday on the bike. This I attribute to my accident a few years back. That shoulder and side of the neck has never healed right.

More to come later.

No comments: