Tuesday, June 13, 2006

On the 8th day God said let there be ketchup

I've made it to East St. Louis, IL. I can tell I'm not in the south any more for three main reasons:
1. The accents have changed from the southern draw, to a New Englandish- MidWestern thing.
2. The roads are actually marked. Thru GA,TN, and KY I was lucky to get one sign every other intersection. Here, everything is marked. Every road, state park, everything.
3. Finally, the roads have shoulders. It sounds silly but when huge trucks are flying by you its nice to have some where to go.
This is a pic of the worlds largest bottle of ketchup. Its in a town called Collinsville, IL. People here have been very friendly. I'm at the foot of the Lewis and Clark Trail. I'll be taking this all the way to Oregon. Up until now I've been on the trans america or making up my own route. It a relief to have all the guess work out of the way.

THIS IS AN OLDER POST THAT NEVER MADE IT TO THE BLOG!!

3 comments:

Sam said...

You are on the other side of the Mississippi! Damn. Congratulations from Ohio. Ride, Captain, Ride.

Anonymous said...

hey my wifes family lives near those paintings.

I hope your hangung in there! Link me!
http://www.toddredner.blogspot.com/

Anonymous said...

Miss you clo... hope you're doing well out there!