Tuesday, February 16, 2010

Tuesday

Do you ever feel it's incredibly hard to make time for the things you really want to do? That is how I've felt the last couple of weeks. The animated short has been coming along so slow, but the things that have kept me busy are things I can not neglect.

The work I was doing two weekends ago was for a not for profit, so I can't complain that I will not get paid, or that it took away a whole weekend of Kirby animation time. Last weekend, Allie and I went out of town to visit her family. Again, something I can't complain about (we had a great time), but again no time spent on Kirby. Oh well. Things have kicked off again so at least I am making progress.

I decided last night that April may be a bit overzealous, to finish production. One of my weaknesses is under estimating the time it takes for me to do my job. I've heard in the past that you should take your estimated time of completion and triple it. This saying holds true in animation, maybe more so than anywhere else. SO, my new deadline is June. I know some of my readers are probably already getting impatient and want to see some progress. After consideration, I decided to post some clips of the animation, soon.

Until then, another drawing from the sketch book.

And finally today, Allie gave me this great book for Valentine's Day called The Making of Mr. Fox. It a "behind-the-scenes look at the creation of [the movie Fantastic Mr. Fox]." According to amazon. Inside are beautiful photographs, great interviews, and concept sketches of the movie. I highly recommend it if you are a fan of animation or foxes.

Happy Tuesday All.
Thanks for reading.



1 comment:

Michelle said...

Impatient? Moi?

Guilty as charged!