Tuesday, January 19, 2010

In Other News

I have less than ten pages to go in my red sketch book. This is momentous for me, because when I bought this book, the idea was to do one drawing a day, everyday a new page, for 300 days (amount of pages). Now it's been a year and a half, and although I did not draw on a new page everyday, I still feel that it was a success.

The Book, has a nice chronology, not only for my style of drafting, but is a great example of the evolution of an idea, as well. At first I didn't know what that idea was, however the further along these drawing progressed the more of a common theme I saw through out. The idea of study this book seems to follow is language. Not only the written word, but icons, glyphs, and my new favorite term a "visual language". I didn't intend to produce a book about language, it just seemed to manifest itself. Of course my study of mayan glyphs that started about the same time as the book probably helped. Enough babbling though, here's some examples found through out the work.













3 comments:

Michelle said...

I think you need a cat... not cause I love cats or anything, because that would be really selfish of me... wait.. yes I am. I want a cat! : )

Michelle said...

pssst, where's my cat?

João Amaro said...

Really cool drawings man. Your style reminds me very much of the brazilian graffiti group Osgemeos, I hope you have heard of them. Its quite interesting.