Wednesday, January 27, 2010

Time's a Wasting

Back at it, drawing the individual frames of animation that is. Last night as I was working a little OT on the project, I started doing the math. I tried to calculate the amount of hours a week I work on this project and then multiplied that by the amount of time I have left until myself imposed deadline. I then calculated the amount of work needed to be done, and how many hours it would take to finish. It quickly came to my attention that I'm going to need about three times the amount of man hours, that I currently have myself scheduled for.

This came as a shock to me, but I'm glad I found this out now, early in the process. So, today I'm coming up with solutions to either speed up work flow, or get myself more time to work. To speed up work flow, I've decided to start using more actions in photoshop. I learned a lot of great actions working for primal screen, and need to implement those into my routine. I've also decided that I'll have to dedicate even more time on the weekends, and possibly more during the week. Another idea, is to get Allie to help me out with the drawing. Although I have not asked her yet, nor have I worked out the logistics of it, she has been a very useful resource in past animations. Also, she does already have a "creative director" credit in this film, why not add another.

Once again, I have no new imagery to show. So, once again, I will be posting something from another blog. It comes from 1111, a blog by Ben Prisk. He's a great illustrator and art director, that I worked with long ago. Although we have not kept in touch, I still follow his blog, and am inspired not only by his images, but his words as well.

Finally, a big shout out to my THIRD follower who just sign up today. Thanks for watching.


2 comments:

allie said...

i would love to help baby!

bprisk said...

Thank you so much for the words Carlos. I'm sorry I haven't kept in touch, but thank you so much for your attention and admiration. I needed these kind words.
All the best
Ben