Thursday, July 20, 2006

Head for The Rockies

A few weeks ago some one asked me which place I liked the best out of all the things I've seen. I didn't have a good answer, and thought about the question long after. Each place I've been to has its own charm and wonder, how could I choose just one. And then, I crossed the Rockies. This has got to be some of the most beautiful country I've ever seen. I has everything and not in a gaudy way, it all fits seamlessly together. Tall trees, Huge Mountains, and rushing rivers, each one complimenting the other. I made sure to ride slow and spend a couple of days just taking in the beauty. Another great thing about the Rockis is there is no signs of civilization. Most places have at least powerlines, farms, or livestock. Not here just the road and you, surounded by wilderness.
Well, I've made it to the other side of the Rockies and have hit the desert like terrain of Washington state. Desert in WA, you may ask, yes its true. A dry arrid region stands between me and the green valley of Columbian Gorge. I figure Im down to one more week, so instead of breaking this week Im going to push on to the coast. I may stop in Portland next weekend, because from what I hear their having one of the biggest beer festivals in the country that weekend. And if you know me in the least bit, you know that I have a slight fondness for beer. So, by next weekend you'll either have a post from me saying YEEEaaah I made it to the coast or one that says AAhhww yeah, beer good, Ima make it coast, eeehhaa soon. hik-up! Take care all. Dont stop Beliving

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

You like beer?
--Mike L

Anonymous said...

Hey Son of Raymond,
I remember leaving you and the rest of the family for the Marines, In every clime and place throughout the world, I would go to see and experience life, always thinking of you guys.

I am now reading and listening to your journeys like when you were a child listening to my stories.
I am in awe of your tales and jealous of your youth;-)

Thank you for being my son and my friend. fasten you seat belt son, life is good.
Via Con Dios*

Gapos' Son

*Go with God