Monday, July 24, 2006

Portland or Bust.

Its hotter than hell out here now, with little sign of letting up. Actually the futher west I go the cooler it gets, but yesterday I actually thought I was riding in hell. Ran out of water, broke my front rack, and went delirous from dehydration. I dumped a bunch of my none essentials on the side of the road to take weight of the rack and speed up my traveling. If I decided to go on from Portland to the coast, I've decided I need to drop the front panniers (bags), rack, and all other none essentials at Portland, possibly in a locker at the airport. Otherwise I'll just stop in Portland and make it to the coast eventually. Just really tired of being homeless and riding a bike for eight hours a day. After two months, one week, and three days, anything will start to get old.

5 comments:

Sam said...

Wow man, I can't believe you're almost there! Congratulations, and don't sweat those last few tribulations and challenges. Imagine how far you've come and what you've seen! Now it's time for you to write a book about it...

l-sauce said...

You're doing great-- exactly what you need to do. Of course it's starting to get old, but you're making it! It's in sight...and it looks like the temperature in and around Portland will drop through the week. Go you!

Anonymous said...

It will all be worth it... just remember every day your making unforgettable memories that you'll have for the rest of your life!

Anonymous said...

Greets to the webmaster of this wonderful site. Keep working. Thank you.
»

Anonymous said...

Greets to the webmaster of this wonderful site. Keep working. Thank you.
»