Thursday, July 06, 2006

WIld West here I come

I've taken yet another day off, in an attempt to rest sore knees and muscles. I'm just inside Noth Dakota, looking west to Montana, which stands less than 50 miles from me. Once in Montana I do not expect much contact with the outside world. Its very desolete out there from what I've been told. So this may be one of the last posts for awhile. Currently, I'm about two thirds of the way through my trip. I've got some where around 1200 miles to go with 2500 behind me, ish.

The Dakotas have been beautiful, with very friendly people and LOTS of wind. At times it seems like Im standing still, even thouhg my legs are still moving, thats how strong the wind is here. I've been riding mostly through the Missouri Plateaus, which as you can imagine are hilly then flat, very brown. In the last couple of days the color has come back to the land in a big way, with fields of yellow and violet as far as the eye can see. This is because I've rode into the black hills of Dakota, which are not as flat and very round. Its amazing how the country side changes, ever so subltly, everywhere I go. Montana should be flat with more wind and less color. I'm starting to prefer, the hills and mountains to all these flats and there unceasing wind. At least with the uphills there's usually a downhill.

I've added a few more links, so check out these other blogs of folks I love or at least can stand. Larisa's started a blog for her trip to Switzerland, which she left for this week. And in true L'sauce style is already making a time of it. I wanted to thank eveyone who has sent emails, called, or posted a comment on the blog. It truely keeps me going knowing how people are doing, and that they are thinkg of me just as much as I think of them.

9 comments:

Anonymous said...

dude! you rock.

I couldn't do what you are doing. My hat is off to you.

l-sauce said...

Really, 1200 miles? With some downhills? You can totally do that. After the Rockies, maybe you can come over and tackle the Alps! For real, you've pretty fabulous. Go you.

Anonymous said...

Brother, we miss you. When you get to Portland? Turn around and come back, OK? Not hating you as always, Mike

Anonymous said...

You tha man bro. Thanks for the b-day card i really appreciate it. Keep it up and stay strong.

Anonymous said...

Holy Shit! 2500 miles behind you? You must be solid muscle at this point. We miss you here but are excited about your journey. Your artwork is on display at Octane along with the rest of your old crew. We'll post some pictures on our site so you can see the show. Be safe!

Anonymous said...

Yo Son,
Your spirit, mind and body are all doing well. This may read that I am talking about a well oiled machine. Well, I am a proud father, talking about... bragging about, a superb son. I love you, but I still love my hippie music better ;-). God bless.

Anonymous said...

Carlos, It's Amy, Larisa's friend. Just wanted you to know I'm thinking of you and hope you're safe and having fun. Like Larisa said, 'go you!'

Anonymous said...

Very pretty design! Keep up the good work. Thanks.
»

Anonymous said...

Keep up the good work. thnx!
»