Monday, March 16, 2009



Another rainy day in Portland. Nothing new mind you, as we are all used to it, but right about this time of year I am getting the itch for some sunlight. It's not the rain that bothers me so much as the lack of sun. The rain makes everything around us green and it cleans the streets. But, If I'm looking for more sun, this time of the year, in this part of the country is the wrong place to find it. Spring out here is no stop rain, with the occasional frozen rain mixed with sunny rain.

Recently, I read an article online that stated Portland was the most depressed city in the country. The researchers based this on, among other things, the amount of rain we get and the number of people who call suicide hotlines. I can't say I believe this. For one thing even though it rains daily, its not like the whole day is rainy. As I'm writing this, the sun is breaking through the clouds and it is quite beautiful. Another thing I've found is that it is a friendly city for its size. Most major city's you go into (and even some not so major) have many poeple who feel there time is much to important to say hello, let alone strike up a conversation. Although I was apprehensive of Portland at first, I've found most people to be kind and helpful. Of course we are the passive aggresive capital of the world, which can be a big turn off. But, in general I find people here to be at the very least curtious.


Well, rain or shine I must clean my bike tonight. I put it off this weekend and I must do it soon. The problem being is that A) I'm lazy when it comes to cleaning bikes and B) as soon as I clean it I ride in the rain and it will look just like it did before the cleaning. There's also a couple other bike projects that need my attention. These projects tend to fall in a catagory with other projects such as painting, work on my own animations, and getting my life togther. That catagory is called "when I get some free-time". Unfortunately, the older I get the less free-time there seems to be.
Such is life I guess.

No comments: