Wednesday, March 18, 2009

This morning as I'm walking out the door in my riding gear, Allie said to me "You're looking pretty sexy today". I could tell from her phrasing that this was not a compliment. Minutes before, I had looked in the mirror, and thought that it was not a bad outfit, all be it unusual. The ensemble went as follows:
worn out diadora bike cleats
gray wool socks (pulled up to the calf)

tan cargo shorts (unfashionably baggy)
blue windbreaker (unfashionably dirty)

Now, I would never expect to see this paraded down a catwalk in Milan, but I felt for cycling fashion, I was thinking forward. It was reminiscent of the urban explore look, practical and sensible. But to the untrained eye it probably looked ridiculous. I think a lot of things I wear look ridiculous. I learned long ago, that if I made any effort to dress fashionable I either looked uncomfortable, or would be out of style the moment I bought the article of clothing.

I've provided a diagram of today's outfit so that you can decide for yourself.

No comments: