Friday, March 27, 2009

I'm feeling better today but...

I wanted to take this opportunity to list all the things that have bummed me out about cycling over the last few years, but have been too afraid to post them here and sounding negative:


1) I don't like riding with others. Last year I made a film about how we should all ride together, but now I'm resending that call. I'll ride with friends every once and awhile, but for the most part group rides are shit.


2) You clicky ass mother fuckers who say that your "clubs" or "rides" are all inclusive, can bite me. Whether its zoo bomb, freak bikes, or roadies you all want nothing to do with people outside your circle and ignore others every chance you get.


3) "ON YOUR LEFT, good morning, hey I'm passing you!!" Why is it so hard to acknowledge another rider on the road?


4) Running red lights only makes motorists hate cyclists even more than they already do. Wait 30 seconds and go when you are supposed to.


5) There's no point in calling someone out when they do something stupi
d. It only pisses them off and results in you getting the finger. Giving advice to people on the road is like shouting at a brick wall. Pointless.

6) Hey motorists, get the fuck over. You have the whole road, your covered in two tons of metal going 55 mph, and still you insist on getting in the lane closest to me and leaving no room for error.


7) Motorist and cyclist a like, are you really in that much of a hurry? Is it really that hard to slow down and pass some one responsibly?


8) Stuck up bike shops with holier than thou employees can all take a long walk off a short pier.


9) Every bike accessory company can take all your crappy products and shove them up your collective asses. Why is it so hard to make a bike light that lasts more than 6 months?

10) You look like a douche when you insist on doing a track stand while waiting for a light. Rocking back and forth, with the most concentrated look on your face, does nothing for no one. Take your foot out of the strap and place it on the pavement.


AAAaaah, I feel much better. I've wanted to say this stuff for a long time, but felt I need to be a little diplomatic on this site. No more...

No comments: