Wednesday, March 11, 2009

If I had a nickel every time I had to wipe a booger on my bike...

These cold winter months tend to fill my nose with yellowish goo balls that stick to everything. Typically, plugging one nostril and exhaling out the other (snot rocket), will clear these little suckers out. But sometimes these bad boys will stick to my glove or face, at which point its got to go somewhere else. Usually that somewhere is my bike frame. Personally, I like to put it where I can't see it. I don't want to be starring at the thing my whole ride.
I'm not one of those riders who's too concerned about how I look when I'm riding. (I have a pair of gray tights that look extra sexy with my yellow windbreaker) Nor am I concerned with the cleanliness of my bike. (unless I'm riding Bobby, then all bets are off) On occasion I'll forget the cling-ons are there and after a week or so I'll go to clean the bike. At which point a lot of simple green and some serious scrubbing will be needed to pry off the dried up crust that once was a booger.

No comments: