Tuesday, March 31, 2009

Riding in this morning, I was all prepared to write a degrading post about two roadies I saw on my way in. Dressed in black and sporting some high priced frames no doubt. As, they cleverly hopped a median to cross an intersection and pass some slower cyclists, I knew I had two bonifide douche bags. I even went so far as to stop 20 feet away from them at the next intersection, so I would not be associated with these clowns. But then, we're all heading down Lovejoy right before the 10th ave. intersection and one actually points out a car with its right turn signals out to me (or whom ever is behind them). This is one of the most dangerous intersections I ride through, and being right hooked here is a very common occurrence. I took this gesture as a very selfless act. Even if he was only doing it for his buddy, it was a sign that he was looking out for his fellow cyclists.

I've been told that my blanket statements on this site are not an attractive quality. I guess today proved that, yes I do rush to judgment in just about every situation. This is something I have not denied, but I'd hope that after reading my posts, the viewer would come away with some insight and not just my angry ranting.

1 comment:

allie said...

well put sweetie. keep on writing - i am really enjoying all of your posts, even if they are sometimes blanket statements. you're still my favorite blogger, and i love you.